WHY DO BUYERS NEED A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS BROKER?
There are seven critical services a qualified professional business broker provides for the business buyer:
- Brokers have an awareness of what is for sale in their neighborhoods, and what their market values should be. Business valuation is both science and art. While they can’t know everything about every business for sale, they have a sense of what is going on, what is listed for sale publicly as well as some private listings (pocket listings), why sellers may be selling, and what the business history, climate, and value of the area is.
- Brokers develop a sense of “goodness of fit” between you and a potential business. The job-person fit is one of the most critical elements of your future success in your business.
- Brokers act as a buffer between you and the seller. Business sales can be even more emotionally loaded than home sales. A professional broker can provide calming objectivity and keep both parties focused on the goal, rather than on minor bumps in the road.
- We provide help and guidance during your due diligence. Diligently inspecting the books, records, and business assets becomes overwhelming for most buyers. Your Broker will guide you through this process, and provide some sage counsel as to what may or may not be critical for your future success.
- The paperwork is astonishing! Even small business purchases require a tremendous amount of paperwork. A professional broker will be of tremendous help guiding you through these mountains of documents, forms, and data. Every sale also has very real tax consequences for buyers. A good broker will guide and support you in gathering important advice from your tax accountant, attorney, or CPA.
- Finally, a professional business broker will thoroughly explain to you the importance of the non-disclosure agreements, the buyer’s profiles, and any other forms you may need to fill out prior to gaining full access to the confidential information of your targeted business.
- Experience Counts! A professional well-seasoned business broker, even if she/he does not have the actual listing you are most interested in, will provide you with expertise, acumen, protection, and compassion. These are the hallmarks of a true professional, and are competencies you can rely on.
YOUR TRUE MOTIVES
We help you stay focused on your true motives. What are the motives of a business buyer? Owning your own business and being your own boss is part and parcel to every American’s soul; it is a core element of the American Dream. Several studies have looked at our business ownership motives and that’s what we find again and again.
- Want to do their own thing in their own way.
- Want to be their own boss and control their own destiny.
- Make maximum use of their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Want to make more money.
From finding the right one to working out all the details required for a smooth transfer of ownership.
While there is no such thing as the “perfect” business, a business broker knows the importance of finding one that fits your needs, talents, skills and lifestyle. A business broker has many different types of businesses for you to consider and the knowledge and experience to walk you through the entire process.
Below you will find some helpful information as you consider whether buying a business is right for you.