Location: Santa Cruz, CA (Santa Cruz County)
Industry: Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Listing ID: C4305
Listing Status: New
An established bookkeeping business can often be one of the most profitable and desirable small businesses an owner or entrepreneur can own. Bookkeeping businesses can be very profitable, especially when managed effectively and focused on delivering high-quality client service. Here is your chance to live and work in one of the most desirable and sought-after locations in the USA, plus make a very good living, with plenty of opportunities to expand and grow the business. This well-established bookkeeping business in the Santa Cruz area is currently maxed out, and is in fact turning away clients or else putting them on a wait list. The business receives from 3 to 5 calls per week from potential new clients. Word of mouth recommendations, plus excellent name recognition and reputation keep this small office busy all year long, and owner reports no seasonality. Current services offered include bookkeeping and payroll services. Also clean-up work from other competitors. If you are good with numbers and attention to detail, or would like to be, this may be your golden opportunity! Experienced and respected current owner more than happy to train as needed, and perhaps stay on in a limited capacity to consult or advise. Add a qualified accountant, bookkeeper, or even a tax preparer and grow the business with no other increase in overhead. Bookkeeping services are always in demand!
The seller feels that the best fit would most likely be a hands-on owner, with at least some sort of physical presence and a physical office, rather than completely virtual and online. The seller understands this may not happen, however. The seller estimates that 80-90% of the clients are QBO, with the remaining approx. 10% in-person.
Gross sales: $250,910. 3-year average
SDE: $150,476,. 3-year average
Price: $360,000. Some seller financing possible for approved buyer.
Office Size: TBD
SBA Approval: Pending
HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL. CALL OR EMAIL BROKER DIRECTLY FOR NDA.
Broker: Rex Walters, CBB, PhD
Certified Business Broker
Lic. # 01841628
Confidential Information provided by Coast Business Brokerage, Inc.
The information provided on this sheet is a copy of the information furnished by the seller indicated above and evidenced by the Broker Agreement and supporting documents, available upon request. Coast Business Brokerage makes no representation as to the accuracy or reliability of said information.
Books and Records: All books and records are provided to Coast Business Brokerage without audit on our part. Any buyer should perform his/her own due diligence and verification to their satisfaction.
Total Sales: $250,910
Cash Flow: $150,476
Reason For Sale: Seller wishes to slow down and retire.
Seller wishes to slow down and retire.
Training & Support: 2 weeks, 20 hours per week, or TBD for buyer.
2 weeks, 20 hours per week, or TBD for buyer.
Potential Growth: Buyer could obtain an EA and add tax prep for additional income. Seller says they are currently turning away 3-5 new callers per week.
Buyer could obtain an EA and add tax prep for additional income. Seller says they are currently turning away 3-5 new callers per week.